The cave man mug cake – Cricket powder, coconut and banana
At this present moment, I’m a little bit busy, I’m currently moving… I’m changing my nest…
And during this period, it’s always nice to have a quick and easy to made delicious breakfast. I need to start the day with bugs for chirping and hopping all day…
My head is still in the “paleo period” with my series of articles : “Are insects a true paleo food?” .
In another part of my head, there is something else… Not too long ago, I discovered, tried and felt in love with the mug cake with bugs.
So, I combined both of all these thoughts and today I tried a paleo mug cake with cricket powder!
Transformation into a paleo mug cake
For turning a mug cake into a paleo mug cake enriched with cricket powder, I changed some of the ingredients. It is more healthy, gluten free but it stays delicious!
- Instead of the traditional flour, I used some delicious coconut flour mixed with cricket powder coming from All things bugs. In complement of a nice and original taste, some proteins, healthy fats, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
- For replacing the milk, there is some healthy almond milk which also add a nutty flavor.
- Say bye to refined sugar and say hello to the first source of concentrated sugar available on earth : Honey (aka Bee vomit).
- As an alternative to butter, for fat I used some coconut oil.
- For a nice texture and for some smoothiness, a ripped banana full of magnesium and potassium will be perfect.
With all these healthy ingredients, this delicious mug cake is full of vitamins and minerals. What a great way to start the day on 6 legs.
Preparation time of the mug cake
Preparation time : 5 min
Cooking time : 2 min (depends on your microwave power)
Ingredients (for one mug cake)
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of All Things Bugs cricket powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of almond milk
- 1 ripped banana
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
In a mug, crush a half banana and bruise it with a fork until smooth, add the honey and the coconut oil.
Stir with a fork to combine and then whisk in the egg.
Stir in the almond milk.
Add the coconut flour, the cricket powder and a pinch of cinnamon. Beat the batter until smooth.
Microwave at full power for about 1 minute 30.
As a decoration, you can add some shredded coconut, almond powder, the rest of your banana and some honey.
Let cool for a few minutes. Et voilà, groooaar bon appétit your paleo mug cake is ready!
I will come soon with some new products reviews and the end of the Paleo trilogy.
Take care and see you soon!